Leadership in Action
Expand your boundaries to achieve leadership and followership success
For an entrepreneur building a company – or an entre preneurial thinker strengthening an existing organiza tion – moving beyond the leadership comfort zone is more than an option: It is necessary for survival. Economies and industries are being turned inside out. Traditional corporate hierarchies are no longer sustainable. As a result, standardized approaches to leadership no longer work. In the absence of a roadmap and rulebook, today’s managers need bold leadership skills to drive real change. They also need fresh paradigms to make effective decisions.
Leadership in Action (LIA) shows managers how to achieve both. A rigorous, threeday, totalimmersion experience helps chal lenge, stretch, and push leadership skills in unexpected ways. Using the transitional approach to change, an actionandreview framework extends thinking beyond classic presen tation and casestudy methods. During the action program segment, participants are challenged to move, perform, communicate, and create during an innovative set of experiential encounters. During the review segment, par ticipants are then engaged in collaborative peer feedback. The combined elements work together to accelerate personal and pro fessional growth – breaking out of the leadership routine and into greater opportunity.
Managers and independent collaborators interested in learning about leadership and followership, facilitated through an action-based learning approach.
- Build bridges between people to generate greater value
- Learn to better identify, define, and reinforce interpersonal strengths
- Areas for further leadership development
- Support participants’ pursuit of a critical balance in planning, action, and interaction during high-pressure situations
- See and seize opportunity in a business and economic environment marked by rapid change with a fresh set of insights and skills
- Solid network of global contacts
- Developing innovative leadership strategies for teams and industries affected by rapid change
- Cultivating greater followership and developing one’s own strengths by focusing on the substance and character that people naturally want to follow
- Collaborating within a learning, cooperative laboratory environment that generates true innovation
- Fostering healthy group competition that enables achievement at both the personal and organizational levels
- Supporting communication strategies that reach across organizational, cultural, and gender barriers to motivate people and move companies forward
- Building teamwork concepts that transcend traditional hierarchies to address the diverse talent clouds that make up today’s workforce
“The effective leader searches for the better question, accepts inexperience, stays in motion, crafts good stories, encourages improvisation. People who act in this way help others make sense of what they are facing; sense-making is about how to stay in touch with context.”
(Karl E. Weick)
Meet the teaching staff
Leadership in Action
- 19. - 21. Sep 2018
- 3 Days
- 4,000 €
Nora Grasselli (Program Director)
is a program director at ESMT Berlin. She pursues her academic interest in group dynamics, leadership, and organizational psycho dynamics. Nora studied management, with a focus on organ ization, and completed her PhD on group dynamics at HEC Paris. During her doctoral studies, she was a visiting fellow at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Melbourne.
Prior to joining ESMT, Nora was a strategy consultant for the Boston Consulting Group, where she consulted for multinational corporations on organizational issues. She also worked as a lecturer for MBA and executive programs at various business schools, including HEC Paris, Saïd Business School (Oxford), Reims Management School, and Central European University.
is an executive development advisor and the lead coach at ESMT Berlin. He has more than 20 years of practical leadership de velopment experience with executives from more than 30 countries and has designed and delivered executive programs for several international companies. He teaches and coaches in the areas of leadership, organizational behavior, negotiations, and change.