Admitting candidates with the right fit for ESMT
ESMT's admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who share ESMT’s mission and who will succeed in the MBA program, both academically and professionally. ESMT considers each detail of a potential student's application to assess their abilities and goals. Specifically, ESMT MBA Admissions looks for these key qualities in applicants:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
MBA admissions process
Applications to the MBA program are reviewed on a rolling, first-come, basis. The Admissions Committee meets every two weeks to review all completed applications. Admission decisions are published the following day. You can submit your application any time you like. Space in the ESMT MBA class is limited, and early application is encouraged.
The following are deadlines are provided to make you aware of a few key dates during the application cycle for the next MBA intake. Once again, you may apply at any time during the cycle.
- January/February: The application cycle for the next MBA intake begins.
- June 3: Early-bird application deadline. Applicants who submit their application by this deadline will receive a € 3000 Euro tuition discount.
- July 2: Students planning to enroll in the optional pre-MBA courses running from October to December are encouraged to apply by this date. Students not needing a visa to enter Germany may apply after this deadline. These optional pre-MBA courses include the intensive German language classes in Berlin.
- October 1: Many of ESMT’s competitive scholarships are awarded by this deadline. (NOTE: applying before October 1 does not increase your scholarship chances. After the October deadline there will still be partial scholarships available)
- November 3: This is the last deadline for the MBA program, if you require a visa to enter Germany. If the class becomes full, students will be waitlisted.
- December 3: For students not requiring a visa to enter Germany*
* Applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, EU, Honduras, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and the United States, DO NOT need visas to enter Germany as a student. As these regulations can change without notice, please confirm with ESMT or your nearest German Embassy or Consulate.