Admitting candidates with the right fit for ESMT
ESMT's admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who share ESMT’s mission and who will succeed in the MBA program, both academically and professionally. ESMT considers each detail of a potential student's application to assess their abilities and goals. Specifically, ESMT MBA Admissions looks for these key qualities in applicants:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
MBA admissions process
MBA Admissions operates a rolling deadline, with available places in the class filled on a continual basis. Space in the ESMT MBA class is limited, and early application is strongly suggested. The following are deadlines for the next MBA intake:
- April 2: Early decision deadline. Applicants will receive the first chance to reserve their seats in the class.
- July 2: Students must apply by this deadline if they plan to enroll in the optional pre-MBA courses running from October to December, including the pre-MBA intensive German language classes in Berlin.
- October 1: Many of ESMT’s competitive scholarships are awarded by this deadline, including the Kofi Annan Foundation Scholarship. (NOTE: applying before October 1 does not decrease your scholarship chances. After the October deadline there will still be partial scholarships available)
- November 3: (December 3 for EU nationals) For visa purposes, this is the last deadline for the MBA program. If the class becomes full, students will be waitlisted.