Mergers & Acquisitions (in German)
Strategy, Business Evaluation, Financing, Integration
The frequency with which companies buy or sell other companies varies considerably over time. Nevertheless, many companies include such transactions in their corporate strategies on a regular basis. But the opportunities that their management associates with acquisitions, also contains significant and often underestimated risks. This is why it is important to carefully prepare an acquisition or a divestiture and involve all participating experts inside and outside the company in the corporate restructuring process, which is covered and practiced in this German language program.
As a managing director, chairman of a subsidiary, or a division manager, participants are faced with M&A transactions and want to base their strategic decisions on a solid foundation.
Examine each step of the acquisition process, including the following questions:
- Which opportunities does an acquisition or divestment project offer?
- How can we establish the strategic fit of a transaction?
- Do different laws apply to family-owned businesses and publicly listed companies?
- Which methods can we use to substantiate purchase prices and determine financing needs?
- discussion with experts from academia and M&A practice on the complex financial and legal steps of the acquisition process
- The integration of M&A activities in the corporate strategy
- Acquisition and defense strategies
- Steps of the due diligence process
- Business planning and risk analysis
- Business valuations
- Financing M&A projects
- Financing alternatives: private equity and mezzanine capital
- Legal and tax consequences
- Post-merger integration
- Process design
- Special characteristics of family-owned businesses
Meet the teaching staff
Mergers and Acquisitions: Bewertung, Integration, Finanzierung
- 17. - 20. Sep 2018
- 4 Tage
- Schloss Gracht
- 4,100 €
Prof. Dr. Bernhard Pellens (Program Director)
ESMT Berlin Visiting lecturer and program director of the programs „Mergers & Acquisitions“ (M&A) and „Betriebswirtschaft für Führungskräfte“ (BTN). He is a full professor of Chair of International Accounting at Ruhr University of Bochum and honorary professor at Tongji University in Shanghai/China. He is also Vice-President of the Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft and member of the thyssenkrupp supervisory board.
Professor Dr. Stephan Paul (Program Director)
Member of ESMT Berlin's visiting faculty and director of the M&A program. He holds the chair of Financing and Credit Services at the Ruhr-University of Bochum and directs the ikf – institut für kredit- und finanzwirtschaft as well as the Schmalenbach Working Group on Financing. Additionally, he is a member of the advisory board of Deutsche Bank AG.
Dr. Hans-Jörg Fechner (Project Leader)
is an independent consultant and project lead for strategy and controlling systems.
Faculty from the field
Dr. Peter Frankenberg, Geschäftsführer, IVC; Dr. Hans Friederiszick, Managing Director, E.CA Economics; Stefan Klenke, Head of M&A Transport and Logistics, Deutsche Bahn; Professor Dr. Reinhard Meckl, Universität Bayreuth, stv. Vorsitzender des Bundesverbandes Mergers & Acquisitions; Martin Mildner, Head of M&A, Otto; Dr. Stefan Neuhaus, Corporate Director M&A, Henkel; Frank Rittgen, Leiter M&A, Bayer; Dr. Markus Schackmann, Leiter Global Corporate und M&A, Deloitte; Martin Schmalfuß, Leiter Corporate Strategy, Maschinenfabrik Rheinhausen, Tina Schumann, Leiterin Konzernsteuern, Deutsche Lufthansa; Volker Stein, Tax Executive Board und Leiter Steuern, PriceWaterhouseCoopers; Dr. Arthur Waldenberger, LL.M., Rechtsanwalt.