Founded: 2002 by 25 leading German corporations and institutions
Institutional type: State-accredited private business school with the right to grant PhDs (at university-level)
President: Jörg Rocholl, PhD
Endowment: 128.8 million EUR (December 2016)
School’s earnings: 29.3 million EUR (December 2016)
Areas of competence:
- Leadership and Social Responsibility
- European Competitiveness
- Management of Technology
- There are two Master's in Management classes. The first class is made up of 54 students from 29 different countries (2015-17). The second class has 45 participants representing 28 nationalities (2016-18). The average age of the students starting the ESMT MIM program is 23.
- The Full-time MBA program currently has 64 participants representing 32 nationalities. They are on average 30 years old and have 6 and a half years of work experience.
- There are two Executive MBA classes: The Class 2015-17 has 49 participants from 21 countries and the Class 2016-18 has 64 participants from 33 countries with an average age of 36 years. The Class 2015-17 has 12 years of work experience on average, the Class 2016-18 has 11 years.
- The ESMT Executive Development Programs offer managers a hands-on, collaborative learning environment that combines cutting-edge business strategy with socially responsible leadership. Seminars are in German and in English.
- ESMT Customized Solutions offer tailor-made programs. Program modules are prepared in advance, in consultation with company representatives.
- Around 3,500 executive education participants take part in the ESMT Executive Development Programs per year.
Faculty (as of December 2016):
- 37 faculty members from 18 nations
- More than 40 visiting faculty members
Alumni: 8,000 registered in the Alumni Network (December 2015)
Accreditations: AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and FIBAA
Founders and benefactors
Airbus Group, Allianz SE, Axel Springer SE, Bayer AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie e.V., Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände e.V., Daimler AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Deutsche Post AG, Deutsche Telekom AG, E.ON SE, GAZPROM Germania GmbH, HypoVereinsbank - UniCredit Bank AG, innogy SE, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, MAN SE, McKinsey & Company Inc., Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, SAP SE, Siemens AG, The Boston Consulting Group, thyssenkrupp AG