Founded: 2002 by 25 leading German corporations and institutions
Institutional type: State-accredited private business school with the right to grant PhDs (at university-level)
President: Jörg Rocholl, PhD
Endowment: 124.5 million EUR (December 2017)
School’s earnings: 31.4 million EUR (December 2017)
Areas of competence:
- There are two Master's in Management classes. The first class is made up of 89 students from 39 different countries (2017-19). The second class has 92 participants representing 32 nationalities (2018-20). The average age of the students starting the ESMT MIM program is 23.
- The Full-time MBA program currently has 51 participants representing 24 nationalities. They are on average 31 years old and have 7 years of work experience.
- There are two Executive MBA classes: The Class 2016-18 has 64 participants from 33 countries and the Class 2017-19 has 54 participants from 24 countries. The Class 2016-18 has 11 years of work experience on average.
- The ESMT Executive Development Programs offer managers a hands-on, collaborative learning environment that combines cutting-edge business strategy with socially responsible leadership. Seminars are in German and in English.
- ESMT Customized Solutions offer tailor-made programs. Program modules are prepared in advance, in consultation with company representatives.
- Around 3,500 executive education participants take part in the ESMT Executive Development Programs per year.
Faculty (as of September 2018):
- 36 faculty members from 17 nations
- More than 40 visiting faculty members
Accreditations: AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and FIBAA
Airbus Group, Allianz SE, Axel Springer SE, Bayer AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie e.V., Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände e.V., Daimler AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Deutsche Post AG, Deutsche Telekom AG, E.ON SE, GAZPROM Germania GmbH, HypoVereinsbank - UniCredit Bank AG, innogy SE, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, MAN SE, McKinsey & Company Inc., Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, SAP SE, Siemens AG, The Boston Consulting Group, thyssenkrupp AG